Sticky lamb shanks
Sticky lamb shanksCourse: Lunch, Dinner
View Larger Image
This is one of my go to recipes. When I tasted Lanzerac’s Le General I knew these shanks will be the perfect match for that great wine. I am so happy to share this recipe with you. I hope this recipe will end up in your repertoire. Use the best wine you can afford it really makes a huge difference in taste.
4 Lamb Shanks
4 teaspoons Garlic, ginger and dhania paste
60 ml Sundried tomatoes finely chopped
20 ml Anchovies (optional)
1 cup Red wine
1/3 cup Olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Place the Shanks on top of the rosemary twigs.
- Make incisions into the meat and rub the meat with the garlic, ginger and dhania paste and sprinkle with some fresh rosemary.
- Place the sundried tomatoes and anchovies on top of the meat.
- Add the red wine and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season well.
- Cover the dish with foil or a lid.
- Bake at 200C for 20 minutes, lower the heat to 180C and bake for a further 80 minutes.
- Take the lid or foil of and bake at 150C for ½ hour.
- Serve with fresh Coriander on rice or mash.