Mussels with Chorizo on Creamy Risotto
Mussels with Chorizo on Creamy RisottoCourse: Lunch, Dinner
This is comfort food on a satisfying way that I cannot describe. It is super easy to make and will give you the same result every time.
25ml olive oil
4 leeks chopped
250g chorizo chopped
2 cups of Fleur du Cap Sauvignon Blanc
2 cups of chicken stock
1 kg mussels in the shell
Fresh thyme leaves
300g risotto rice
4 cloves of garlic chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup cream
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Heat the olive oil in a heat proof casserole, fry 2 of the leeks, 2 of the garlic cloves and the risotto for 3 minutes. Cover the rice with 2 cups of stock and 1 cup of wine. Bring to a bubble, cover tightly and bake for 25 min. When soft and cooked through, gently stir in the butter and ½ cup of cream
- While the risotto is baking prepare the mussels.
- Fry 2 of the leeks 2 cloves garlic and chorizo in the olive oil until the chorizo starts to crisp.
- Add the mussels, 1 cup of wine and thyme. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for a few minutes until the mussels open (discard and mussels that didn’t open.)
- Add ½ cup of cream and serve on the risotto