Salted Chocolate and Berry Ice Cream
Salted Chocolate and Berry Ice CreamCourse: sweet
I absolutely love this no churn ice cream; it is super easy to make and you will get goosebumps with every bite. Great flavor complexity and texture and the best of both worlds! Delheim’s Pinotage is not only for those warm winter meals.
500ml fresh cream
1 tin condensed milk
½ cup Delheim Pinotage
2 tablespoons berry jam – the best quality you can find!
200g dark chocolate
5ml Maldon salt
- Pour the wine in a saucepan and simmer until reduced by halve. Let it cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate, spread it out onto baking paper and sprinkle the Maldon salt over. Leave until it hardens and break up into pieces.
- Whip the cream in a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Once stiff peaks have formed and with the mixer still running, slowly pour in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Turn mixer off, remove bowl, and gently stir in the Delheim Pinotage, berry jam and salted dark chocolate.
- Spoon the ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve in an ice-cream cone with chocolate sauce!