Sticky Barbecue Brisket
Sticky Barbecue BrisketCourse: Lunch, Dinner
- Sticky sauce
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup Allesverloren Tinta Barocca
¾ cup honey
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed
5kg whole brisket with the bones.
3 onions peeled and sliced into rings.
30ml smoked paprika
30ml ground coriander
Salt and pepper
- Sticky Sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk to combine.
- Bring to a low boil and reduce to a simmer, uncovered for 45 minutes until a thick sauce.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the brisket onto the sliced onions in an ovenproof dish – fat side down.
- Mix the salt, pepper, smoked paprika and coriander.
- Rub the brisket with the spice mixture.
- Cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 4 hours. Turn the brisket fat side up and pour over the sticky sauce. Bake for another 30 minutes or until brown and sticky.