Creamy Thyme & Lavender Beef Fillet
Creamy Thyme & Lavender Beef FilletCourse: Dinner, Lunch
Servings 4 – 6
This is one of my favourite recipes to make and serve with some grilled root vegetables. The lavender is so subtle , but worth putting it in. I am so exiting to announce that all the produce came from Laborie Estate farm grocer.
800 g-1 kg beef fillet, cut into 5 – 10cm thick medallions
100 g butter
10 ml olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 lavender flowers
4 sprigs of thyme
125 ml cream
- Season the medallions with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan add the fillet fry 3min on each side.
- Add the lemon juice, thyme and lavender.
- Add the cream and simmer for 3 minutes or until the meat has reach the desired doneness.
- Serve with grilled root vegetables.