Grilled Cheese and Salami Beef Rump
Grilled Cheese and Salami Beef RumpCourse: Dinner, Lunch
I use rump tail for this recipe, but you can use any steak you like. Beef fillet also works very well.
I grilled the steak on the braai and just end it of under the oven’s grill. This dish pairs great with Van Loveren’s Retief Reserve.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1 cup Van Loveren Retief Red Wine
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 cup cream
Salt and pepper
1 rump tail or beef fillet
12 slices of salami
200g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan that can go into the oven, fry the onions and garlic until soft. Add the oregano, paprika, wine and tomatoes. Reduce on a low heat by half. Add the cream and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season the rump tail with salt and lots of black pepper. Braai the meat on medium – high heat just below your desired doneness. Don’t overcook it, it will cook further under the grill.
- Place the steak into the sauce.
- Arrange the slices salami on the steak and cover with grated cheese.
- Grill until the cheese has melted and browned a bit.
- Enjoy it with a Glass of Retief Reserve