Thai coconut milk noodle soup (khao soi)Course: Dinner, LunchCuisine: Thai
Khao soi is from northern Thailand a noodle soup with an amazing mix of flavour and texture. This soup only takes 15 minutes to make. Your taste buds are in for a treat with this Thai soup.
200g Roka Pad Thai Noodles
2 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
A thumb size ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red pepper, diced
1-3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste, the more you use the spicier it gets.
1 can coconut milk
500ml chicken stock
1 teaspoon turmeric
4 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
300g chicken filets grilled, cubed
Fresh coriander or basil
- Follow the instructions on the packet of noodles.
- In a medium pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, red pepper, garlic, ginger, red Thai curry paste and turmeric.
- Sauté until fragrant and golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add the stock, sugar, soy sauce and coconut milk bring to a simmer and add the diced chicken.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and serve with fresh herbs, bean sprouts and a squeeze of lime.