Lentil CurryCourse: Dinner, Lunch
3 tbsp butter
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 ½ tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp curry powder, mild or spicy
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt
500ml chicken stock
1 tsp black pepper
1 cup dried brown lentils
1 tin x 400 ml coconut milk
1 tin x 400g tomato, chopped
3 cups water
1/2 cup coriander, finely chopped
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Slowly cook, stirring every now and then, for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add curry powder, turmeric and ground cumin stir for 1minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir. Bring to simmer, then place lid on and adjust heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes until the lentils are soft and the sauce thickened and creamy.
- Serve with chopped coriander and plain yogurt.