Roasted Asian CauliflowerCourse: Dinner, Lunch
- SESAME SOY SAUCE:
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp fresh grated ginger
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
2 tsp corn-starch
¼ cup cold water
½ cup flour
3 tbsp corn starch.
¼ teaspoon salt
dash of black pepper and cayenne
½ cup water
2 tsp sesame oil
1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into equal size florets
1 tbs sesame seeds
- SERVE WITH:
Sesame seeds and spring onions and wasabi mayonnaise
- STICKY SESAME SAUCE:
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sesame oil, garlic, and ginger
- Cook the garlic ginger for a minute.
- Add the soy sauce, honey, and bring to boil.
- Mix corn-starch in the water and add this corn-starch slurry and bring to a boil to thicken, Take off heat.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C.
- Line a baking sheet or dish with parchment.
- In a large bowl add the dry ingredients for the batter and whisk well.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add the cauliflower and mix to coat. This batter keeps thickening as it sits, so mix and toss quickly.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet and bake for 30 mins.
- Make the sticky sauce in the meanwhile if you haven’t yet.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven and wait for a few minutes then transfer the florets to the sauce.
- Mix gently to coat.
- Serve immediately or transfer to the baking sheet to bake for 10 to 15 mins.
- Sprinkle black and white sesame seeds and chopped spring onions and serve as is, or over rice with wasabi mayonnaise.