Crustless Milk tart
Crustless Milk tartCourse: sweet
Milk tart is a big thing in our home, I still believe that my mom makes the best milk tart in the whole world, you can find her recipe in my cookbook Kosbaar.
I love the delicateness of this crustless milk tart and it is so rewarding opening the springform pan and voila there is the most beautiful milk tart without a crust. Go on you must try it!!
6 large eggs, separated
5 cups milk
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 cup corn flour
1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a large springform cake pan.
- Heat 1L of the milk with the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat just before it reaches boiling point. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Mix the corn flour, flour and salt with the remaining milk, add the egg yolk. Stir this mixture into the hot milk.
- Slowly cook stirring continuously until it thickens.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold it into the custard. Pour this mixture into the prepared pan and tie folded baking paper around the outside to create sides as it cooks up quite high while in the oven and then settles down again. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cook completely before removing from the springform pan.
- Serves at room temperature.