Roasted Tomato SoupCourse: Dinner, Lunch
As we transition into the colder months, there’s nothing quite like a warm bowl of roasted tomato soup to provide comfort and satisfaction. The rich aroma of ripe tomatoes mingling with herbs and spices, the velvety texture that warms you from within – roasted tomato soup is the epitome of winter culinary bliss. So, let’s embark on a journey through the delightful flavours of this beloved classic.
1 kg Tomatoes
1 red onion
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and cubed
1 tin sweet corn kernels
2 tablespoons of sundried tomato paste (optional)
2 cups of chicken stock
Mozzarella cheese, sliced
½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
¼ cup fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Drizzle tomatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, then discard skins with a fork.
- Heat the oil in the pot over medium – high heat, add onion, red pepper& carrot and season with salt and pepper. Once cooked add garlic, sundried tomato paste, corn and tomatoes. Pour the chicken stock in and cook all the ingredients until soften. Use a stick blender to blend the soup nice and smooth.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese.
- Before serving. Grill the slices of mozzarella cheese until bubbly and brown and top the soup with it sprinkle some fresh basil over with a drizzle of olive oil.