Gorgonzola cheesecake with poached pears and marinated biltong.Course: Dinner, Lunch
Easy gorgonzola cheesecake make a great appetizer option for any party with Blaauwklippen Before & After Aperitif.
100g savoury biscuits
60g butter, melted.
250g creamed cheese
250ml sour cream
Salt and pepper
½ cup double cream yogurt
2 leeks chopped and fried.
100 g Biltong
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 – 3 pears
½ cup sugar
500ml dry red wine
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Blitz the biscuits to a fine crumble in a food processor and add the melted butter. Blitz until it is the same texture as wet sand.
- Line a springform pan out with the crust and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blitz until smooth. Pour the filling into the springform pan lined with the crust. Bake for 40 minutes. Let the cheesecake cool for an hour before serving it.
- Slice the biltong very finely, add the balsamic and olive oil. The longer the biltong marinate the better.
- While the cheesecake is in the oven, prepare the pears. Peal the pear.
- Heat the red wine, sugar and cinnamon stick until the sugar has dissolved. Add the pears to the pot and simmer for 20 minutes until the pears are a rich ruby colour. Let them cool completely before putting them on the cheesecake.
- Assemble** Spread the yogurt on top of the cheesecake, top with the fired leeks, biltong, and cooled pears.
- Serve with a fresh ciabatta or crackers.