Biltong stokbrood filled with cream cheese fillingCourse: Dinner, Lunch
Elevate your snacking experience with the savoury indulgence of Biltong stokbrood generously filled with creamy cheese, perfectly complemented by the fruity notes of De Krans Pinotage Rosé, creating a harmonious fusion of rich flavours and refreshing sips for an unparalleled taste adventure. The bold and robust essence of De Krans Pinotage Rosé beautifully enhances the savoury elements of the Biltong stokbrood, offering a tantalising combination that excites the palate and elevates casual indulgence to an exquisite pairing experience. Buy the Pinotage Rosé here: https://dekrans.co.za/product/pinotage-rose/
4 cups flour
1 sachet instant yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 ½ – 2 cups ready made biltong soup (woolies)
- Cream Cheese Filling
250g cream cheese
5 spring onions, chopped
2 TBS honey
Salt and pepper
Mix all the above together and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. or light the fire.
- Mix the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in an electric stand mixer.
- Add the soup, knead for 5 – 8 minutes using the bread dough hook.
- Oil the dough ball and place cover with plastic wrap to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Tourn out the dough into a floured surface. Divide the dough into 8 balls or 12 if you make smaller bread sticks. Roll the ball into a long piece and turn it around a oiled stick. You can now braai them over medium coals or bake them in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- When cooled fill them the cream cheese using a piping bag.