Festive chocolate BarkCourse: Dinner, Lunch
Indulge in the festive spirit with a decadent chocolate bark adorned with a delightful array of toppings, meticulously tended on Tick Tock, showcasing a symphony of colors and flavors that promise to dazzle your taste buds and add a touch of sweetness to your celebrations. It paires perfectly with De Krans limited Cape Tawny. You can buy it here: https://dekrans.co.za/product/de-krans-cape-tawny-limited-release/
16 pitted Medjool dates
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup nuts, chopped
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut oil
Flaky sea salt to taste
- Begin by lining a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently split the Medjool dates open, and place them on the sheet, allowing them to slightly overlap so they stick together, forming a flattened rectangle.
- Sprinkle the cranberries and chopped nuts over.
- In a separate bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips along with the coconut oil in intervals of 20 seconds in the microwave, stirring in between.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate mixture over the cranberries and nuts. Use a spoon to ensure an even distribution of the chocolate.
- Add a sprinkling of flaky sea salt to the top of the chocolate-covered dates. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate sets.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, remove the baking sheet from the freezer. Carefully chop the date bark into 10 pieces.
- The delicious date bark is ready to enjoy! Remember to store any leftovers in either the refrigerator or the freezer. Allow frozen bark to sit out for a few minutes to soften slightly before biting into it.