Pulled Beef Brisket in phyllo pastry crackersCourse: Dinner, Lunch
Savour the succulent tenderness of pulled beef brisket delicately nestled within crispy phyllo pastry crackers. I paired these festive crackers with De Krans Twist of Fate:
You can buy this great blend here: https://dekrans.co.za/product/de-krans-a-twist-of-fate/
1.4 kilos beef brisket
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1⁄2 tsp chili flakes (smoked)
5 cloves garlic, crushed
2 TBS Biltong spice or BBQ
2 cans peeled chopped tomatoes
1 cup red wine
4 sheets phyllo
100g butter, melted.
- Pre-heat oven 180C.
- Brush the beef all over with olive oil.
- Mix the onion, chili flakes, garlic, biltong spice, tomatoes and red wine. Pour over the beef.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven with a lid or covered with foil.
- Bake for 4 hours until soft. Shred the beef.
- Place the phyllo sheet onto a surface and brush with melted butter.
- Place some of the filling in the middle of the sheet. Roll into a sausage and press the ends that it look like a Christmas cracker. Repeat the process 4 times or make 2 large crackers.
- Place the crackers onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper and brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 25min at 180C.