Biltong pull apart bread wreath with a creamed cheese and peppadew spread.Course: Dinner, Lunch
Biltong pull-apart bread is a perfect addition to your festive spread, its robust flavours complemented by the rich notes of Stellenzicht Cabernet Sauvignon, creating a harmonious and indulgent pairing that elevates your celebration. You can buy there wine here.
4 cups flour
1 sachet instant yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 cup biltong powder
2 cups milk, lukewarm
250g cream cheese
1 cup chopped peppadews
- Preheat the oven to 200C. or light the fire.
- Mix the flour, yeast, biltong powder, sugar, and salt in an electric stand mixer.
- Knead for 5 – 8 minutes using the bread dough hook.
- Oil the dough ball and place cover with plastic wrap to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Roll golf ball size balls place in a greased Bundt pan, going all around and place the dough balls on top of each other until the dough are all in there. Cover and proof for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese, chopped peppadews and serve with the biltong bread.