Creamy cinsault ice cream with a rich chocolate sauce serve with fresh berriesCourse: Dinner, Lunch
Indulge in the velvety delight of creamy Cinsault ice cream draped in a decadent chocolate sauce, heightened by the bright bursts of flavour from fresh, tangy berries. Pairing this exquisite dessert with Stellenzicht Cinsault creates a delightful synergy—the wine’s red fruit notes and subtle spice beautifully mirror the dessert’s richness, resulting in a harmonious conclusion to any meal. Buy the Cinsault here.
500ml fresh cream
1 tin condensed milk
½ cup Stellenzicht Cinsault
2 tablespoons berry jam
200g dark chocolate
5ml sea salt
- Pour the wine in a saucepan and simmer until reduced by half. Let it cool. Melt the dark chocolate, spread it out onto baking paper and sprinkle the sea salt over. Leave until it hardens and break up into pieces.
- Whip the cream in a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Once stiff peaks have formed and with the mixer still running, slowly pour in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Turn mixer off, remove bowl, and gently stir in the Cinsault, berry jam and salted dark chocolate.
- Spoon the ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve in an ice-cream cone with chocolate sauce!